TL;DR of PhRMA’s statement on the House plan to lower drug prices? “We’re good with the high prices, thanks.”
Welcome to the Week in Review.
1. Get On Board the Negotiation Train
- The House has offered up a robust plan that would allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices. It would lead to major savings for patients and taxpayers across America. — (AP)
2. Patients Over Party!
- Trump tweeted that he likes House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s drug pricing plan and called for getting it done “the bipartisan way.” Congress: Please do! — (STAT)
3. PhRMA and BIO LOL
- PhRMA and BIO are threatening the end of days if taxpayers negotiate. MEMO: The profit margins of drug corporations are almost three times the average of the S&P 500. Plenty of room to lower drug prices and fund innovation there. — (HealthLeaders Media)
4. Product Hops Must Stop!
- A patient and an academic gave this insidious Big Pharma tactic the what for at a House Congressional hearing. What’s it all mean? — (P4AD and Regulatory Focus)
5. International Pricing Index: Let’s Make a Deal
- Everybody loves the International Pricing Index! (Except for pharma, but nobody likes them.) — (NPR)