We hope you all have a chance to see Endgame this weekend. Our Endgame? Lower drug prices.
Welcome to the week in review in prescription drug pricing!
1. Fake patient advocacy on the rise
- The pharmaceutical industry is secretly funneling cash into sham non-profit organizations under the guise of helping patients. Look inside this murky world. — (Bloomberg)
2. Woman v. The Machine
- In Maine, “The lone voice of a woman from Limestone lays bare the travesty of high drug prices.” — (The Press Herald)
3. The Everglades
- In the first three months of 2019, PhRMA spent $10 million for 27 in-house lobbyists and 20 outside lobbyists. Swampy. — (STAT & Bloomberg)
4. Good luck with that
- PhRMA has launched a campaign to defend high drug prices at the ballot box. Another day, another deception. Scroll through Twitter users’ fiery reactions. — (Twitter reactions to @PhRMA)
5. America, meet the drug pricing vernacular
- Terms like “pay-for-delay” go mainstream as presidential contenders lift the veil on Big Pharma’s secretive dealings. — (Kaiser Health News)