It’s drug pricing palooza!
Welcome to the week in review in prescription drug pricing.
1. LOL Pfizer
- Pfizer spun its January price hikes as impacting an itsy bitsy portion of its drugs. Too bad the 41 drugs it hiked represent half the pharma giant’s revenue. — (Axios)
2. Johnny Depp would be proud.
- PhRMA is running ghost ships now. — (WaPo)
3. All the hearings
- The Republican-controlled Senate and Democratic-controlled House are kicking off 2019 by lighting up out-of-control drug pricing with Senate Finance and House Oversight committee hearings Tuesday.— (The Hill)
4. It’s a thing. A 2020 thing.
Potential presidential candidates are staking claims in the drug pricing debate. Smart move,
- The drug lobby’s arguments against holding down prices in Medicare Part B just don’t add up. — (STAT)