|Over 70 Organizations Will Call On The Senate To Make Meaningful Progress On Comprehensive Drug Pricing Reforms By Memorial Day|
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Over 70 organizations representing patients, consumers, seniors, unions, small businesses, large employers, physicians, nurses, and disease advocacy groups will gather with Senator Klobuchar on Tuesday, April 26 at 11:00 AM ET to launch the campaign “Push For Lower Rx Prices.” The campaign calls on the Senate to advance a reconciliation package by Memorial Day that includes the drug price provisions already passed by the House of Representatives.
For a full list of all organizations that are part of the campaign, please contact Audrey Baker.
- WHAT: Push For Lower Rx Prices Press Conference
- WHEN: Tuesday, April 26 at 11:00 AM ET
- WHERE: Senate Swamp (located on the grass across the drive from the east Senate steps)*
- WHO: The following speakers will be attending in person:
- Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Jo Ann Jenkins, CEO of AARP
- David Mitchell, cancer patient and founder of Patients For Affordable Drugs Now
- Rita Kuwahara, MD, MIH from Doctors for America
- Bari Talente, Executive Vice President, Advocacy & Healthcare Access, of National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Valarie Long, International Executive Vice President of SEIU
- Bill Kramer, Executive Director for National Health Policy for the Purchaser Business Group on Health (PBGH)
- Meg Jackson-Drage, fibromyalgia patient from Magna, UT
- Jacqueline Garibay, ankylosing spondylitis patient from Austin, TX
To RSVP, please respond to Audrey Baker at [email protected]. There will be a Q&A section for press after the speakers conclude their remarks. Please note that masks will be strongly encouraged in order to protect our patient advocates.
*The press conference will also be available via livestream if you cannot attend in person.