Survey says: Lower drug prices!
1. More COVID-19 Worries: Drug Prices
- A new survey from Gallup shows nearly nine of 10 Americans are worried that the COVID-19 pandemic will give Big Pharma cover to increase drug prices. Americans across the political spectrum support allowing the federal government to negotiate directly with drug makers for a fairly priced COVID-19 treatment. — (Gallup)
2. Who’s Picking Up the Tab?
- The White House announced Tuesday that COVID-19 vaccines will be free for any American who is “vulnerable, who cannot afford the vaccine, and [who] desires the vaccine.” That’s good news, but we’re going to need much more transparency to make sure taxpayers aren’t being charged excessive prices for drugs they paid to create. — (CNBC)
3. Memo: You Can’t Have It Both Ways