Leaping to lower drug prices like.
1. Senators: Pass this bill!
- Patients For Affordable Drugs Now launched a new campaign calling on senators to support the Trump-backed Prescription Drug Pricing Reduction Act (S. 2543). The legislation would rein in runaway drug price spikes and lower medicine costs for seniors. — (BioPhamra Dive)
2. Wrong answer
- Secretary Azar told members of Congress this week he couldn’t guarantee an affordable coronavirus vaccine. Vaccines don’t work if patients can’t afford them! The Secretary appeared to walk back his remarks the following day. — (The Washington Post & Twitter)
- Drug maker Gilead is about to lose exclusivity on its HIV prevention drug Truvada. Determined to pad profits, they’re pretending their new PrEP drug, Descovy, is more effective. It’s not. — (STAT)
4. “Read the polls,” the voters want lower drug prices NOW
- Two top advisers to President Trump told GOP senators that they ought to lower drug prices ahead of the 2020 election. Good advice, please take it, Congress! — (The Hill)
5. “It’s still somebody’s money.”
- An Oregon father pushed back hard so his family and insurer would not have to pay an unnecessarily high drug price to help his little girl. We commend him for standing up and speaking out. — (KHN)