The only thing harder than tying milk, drug prices, and impeachment together in a joke? Actually lowering drug prices.
1. The Swarm
- Big Pharma blasted through another all-time lobbying record, to the tune of $120 million. More pharma boots on the ground means patient voices are more critical now than ever. ✊ — (STAT)
2. Momentum Builds
- Momentum is building for real reform in 2020. And Patients For Affordable Drugs is keeping up the fight! Watch a special message from our founder. — (P4AD)
3. 🍩hole Closed?
- A widely loathed coverage gap in Medicare Part D has closed. But seniors are still being exposed to extreme drug costs, and more Congressional reform is needed. — (The New York Times)
- Government spending on drugs is outpacing inflation even after manufacturer rebates are accounted for. In other words, we’re all getting mugged behind the scenes while bad actors rake it in. — (Axios)
5. Pass That Bill!
- HHS Secretary Alex Azar called the bipartisan Prescription Drug Pricing Reduction Act from Senators Grassley and Wyden “incredible,” and said, “We’ve got to get that package to the Senate floor.” We agree! Leader McConnell, the gavel’s all yours. — (The Washington Post)