New year, new you, same prescription drug price hikes.
1. Business as Usual
- Pharma rang in 2020 by unleashing hundreds of drug price hikes. Congressional action is sorely needed, for patients like Genevieve and all of us. — (Reuters)
2. The Smirk
- A look back at the big flashpoints in the decade drug pricing rose to the top of the nation’s conscience. Voter anger is set to explode in 2020. — (NPR)
- We’d be remiss not to reflect back on the progress made on drug pricing in 2019. Momentum continues to build. — (P4ADNow)
- In California, the court has denied pharma’s attempt to block the implementation of AB 824, a law to deter collusive agreements that slow affordable prescription drugs from reaching the market. — (AG Xavier Becerra via Twitter)
- If we stop shoveling profits into Big Pharma executive pay packages, stock buybacks, and dividends, these companies would start behaving themselves, create actual innovative drugs, and stop robbing the public. — (NBC)