1. Let. Medicare. Negotiate.
- A leaked draft of a House plan to empower the U.S. government to negotiate drug prices injects enthusiasm into the drug pricing debate and overlaps with President Trump’s plan. — (New York Times/FiercePharma)
2. Momentum Grows for Senate Finance Bill
- Republican lawmakers are voicing their support to the Senate’s bipartisan effort to lower drug prices by curtailing price hikes and lowering out-of-pocket costs in Medicare. — (Press Herald)
3. Speak Out
- P4AD Digital Director Samantha Reid describes what it’s like to live with the financial uncertainty illness brings. High drug prices for drugs to treat Crohn’s disease certainly don’t help! — (Twitter)
4. On the Take
- The first six months of 2019 saw $4 million in pharma campaign finance donations pour into lawmakers’ coffers. See who’s got their hand in the pill cash jar. — (KFF)
5. No, really. LOWER DRUG PRICES.
- The latest polling again shows the public wants Congress to make lowering drug prices a top priority. — (KFF)