30-50 feral hogs couldn’t drag us away from bringing you all the news in drug pricing!
1. They Lied
- Novartis lied to the FDA, then brought forth the world’s most expensive drug. Classic. — (CNN)
2. We (Already) PAID
- The public needs more protection from Big Pharma profiteering off of billions in taxpayer funded drug research. — (Vox)
3. Authorized Scam
- Brand drug manufacturers make “authorized” generics, products that only serve to maximize the monopoly drug makers’ profits and stifle realcompetition. — (Kaiser Health News)
4. “How many more young type 1 diabetes patients have to die…?”
- Another young man lost his life due to outrageously high insulin costs, which doubled between 2012 and 2016. — (The Washington Post)
5. Boo, Hiss
- Lifesaving antivenins face very little competition — so prices continue to rise. — (NPR)
Have a wonderful weekend!