Ugh, drug pricing. Water we going to do about it? We’re floating some ideas.
1. Don’t Sell Out Sickle Cell Patients
- Taxpayers invested hundreds of millions of dollars into a cure for sickle cell disease. Now a drug company could make billions from the drug. — (FierceHealthcare)
2. Program Canceled 📺
- Americans wanted to list drug price ads on TV. Big Pharma and a federal judge said no. — (The New York Times)
3. Tea Leaves
- Could a closed-door meeting with Trump aides and GOP senators hint at a path forward to slow the roll of Part D price hikes? — (The Hill)
4. Negotiation. The American Way!
- The president said the U.S. should pay what other nations pay for drugs. Now the focus turns to the administration’s International Pricing Index.— (STAT & Yahoo Finance)
5. California is Not Dreamin’
- AB824, legislation that would end shady, collusive pay-for-delay deals, is movin’ in real life. — (Twitter)