Velcro shoes for Father’s Day? Total rip off. Just like drug prices.
Welcome to the Week in Review in prescription drug pricing!
1. The Maine Event
- Lawmakers in Maine moved a slate of drug pricing reforms that involve transparency, Canadian drug importation, and PBM fixes. — (The Times Record)
2. Don’t Mess With Nevada
- Our drug pricing hero and Nevada state Sen. Yvanna Cancela led a first-in-nation effort on insulin pricing transparency. She’s not done yet. — (Twitter)
3. It Will Lower Drug Prices
- The United States pays two to three times more than other developed nations for prescription drugs. Congress should move International Reference Pricing forward on the double. Legislation proposed by Sens. Rick Scott and Josh Hawley is a step in the right direction. — (Palm Beach Post)
4. Nice Work, Eh?
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a Canadian drug importation bill to law. ?? — (AP)
5. Rethinking the Way We Pay
- Sen. Bill Cassidy examines how to tackle extreme prices in medicine’s next frontier. We don’t agree with all of it, but it’s a thoughtful take on gene therapy. — (STAT)