What do FIFA and Pharma have in common? They’re both corrupt!
1. Common Sense in the Commonwealth
- This week, Patients For Affordable Drugs Now launched an ad campaign in support of plans from Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker and the state Senate to tackle high drug prices. — (The Boston Globe)
2. Oh, Come On
- Patients For Affordable Drugs Now submitted a letter to the FTC to request an investigation into suspected biologic and PBM antitrust behavior keeping lower-priced biosimilars out of patients’ reach. — (Axios)
3. Big Pharma on the Stand
- The DOJ wants a jury trial for Mallinckrodt, the company at the heart of a 97,000 percent price spike for a gel mainly used to treat infant seizures. — (CNN)
4. David Update
- David Mitchell, our founder, who lives with multiple myeloma, recorded a video message this week with an update on his cancer. — (Twitter)
5. How Do You Lower Drug Prices?
- GOP senators have asked PhRMA how they should lower drug prices. We have predicted PhRMA’s Magic 8 Ball answer: “Better not tell you now.” — (The Hill)