We won’t spoil Game of Thrones, but we will spoil Big Pharma’s ongoing attempt to rob us all.
Welcome to the Week in Review in Prescription Drug Pricing!
1. Drowning in debt
- A recent survey revealed the stunning amount of debt Americans are facing as a result of rising health care and prescription drug costs. — (NYT)
2. Pharma on the run
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee passed two bills to close loopholes used by drug companies to keep prices high. — (AARP)
3. Call us
- Scott Gottlieb’s last day of work as the FDA commish was Friday. He is going to Disney World before tackling drug prices in his next role at a conservative think tank. — (Washington Post)
4. Influence peddling in the commonwealth
- As Massachusetts prepares to review a package of bills aimed at reducing drug costs, a river of Big Pharma money flows to maintain the status quo. — (FiercePharma)
5. Another week, another insulin pricing Band-Aid
- File this under “not enough.” — (Vox)